Firstly, What is It?
Rosacea is a long-term skin disorder that causes the facial skin tissue to redden, predominantly on the cheeks, nose and also on the forehead and chin. Inflammation of the underlying tissues (including the blood vessels) also occurs and in the early stages, skin redness may appear as periodic blushing attacks. However, as the condition progresses, sufferers may see angry below the surface spots and sometimes surface water filled pustules can develop. Also, blood vessels can become more pronounced, which then lead to show as thread veins on the surface of the skin.
Rosacea tends to run in families and as a result, many people mistakenly believe that their ruddy complexion is simply a family characteristic that they must learn to live with. The degree of reddening and the length of an episode tend to increase as our hormonal status alters in life.
In at least 10 percent of cases, Rosacea can cause acne-like eruptions with pustules and lumps, and in 1 percent, can cause eye problems such as redness, dryness, itching, burning, excess tears and the feeling of having sand in the eye. The eyelids may become inflamed, swollen and sensitive to light.
Is it a Rare Condition?
Rosacea is a very common skin condition that in some form affects a reported 4 million men and women in the UK and Ireland due to our fair skin complexions but is almost 3 times more common in women aged 30 to 55. However, men often suffer more severe symptoms. The long-term effects of Rosacea can make people’s lives a misery and there are plenty of products out there on the market that claims to relieve symptoms but in reality, relief is minimal.
What Triggers it?
One of the main triggers of Rosacea is UV radiation, which many of us don’t think we are at risk of, considering the fact we live in the rainy British Isles. However, 90 percent of UV rays can penetrate through cloud cover and this little-known fact means that we are one of the worst nations for protecting our skin on a daily basis from damaging UV rays. If you have sun sensitive skin then this prolonged exposure in the first third of life is a key cause in the development of Rosacea.
There are key changes to the physical structure of the skin and the blood vessels in the area affected:
Inflammation with the increased release of various chemicals which are inflammatory.
Enzymes which increase the breakdown of the collagen matrix resulting in empty spaces into which new blood vessels can develop.
Damage to blood vessels (capillaropathy) leading to the fusion and loss of function of blood vessels which become permanently dilated and visible.
The increase in activity and increased skin sensitivity to key skin growth factors like vasoendothelial growth factors (VEGF) which increase inflammation and promote increased vascularisation of the area.
Increased response to Tumour Necrosis Factor 1 alpha which also increases inflammation and may also be indicated in phyma development.
How do You Treat it?
- Controlling Inflammation at the Rosacea episode development stage and also in the post-trigger phase, both from internal and external triggers
- Accompanied by protecting and supporting vascular (veins/capillaries) function in contraction and dilation
- Restricting excessive production of new vascular (veins/capillaries) preventing the veiny face.
To successfully treat Rosacea you need to reduce the sensitivity to triggers as well as reduce existing symptoms. Synchrorose® is medically licensed and only available to clinics. Synchrorose® helps sufferers by reducing the reddening and swelling, increasing the skin’s resistance and decreasing its sensitivity to triggers. Synchrorose® also encourages recovery, helps to protect by nourishing the skin and improving the skin quality, resulting in a more tolerant and calmer skin, and making it more resistant to damage, such as thread veins.
A combination of four unique ingredients allows Synchrorose® to target the key treatment goals above.
The first ingredient is 4-t-butylcyclohexanol and is a world first patented ingredient, clinically proven in Rosacea studies by top dermatologists and research scientists. It is to be the first known agent to interrupt the Rosacea development process. All previous and existing products target the redness once stimulated. It works by blocking tiny protein fragments, which are produced by nerve stimulation in itself triggered by common dietary triggers and internal bodily triggers. These protein fragments initiate the reddening process. By blocking them we can stop the reddening episode initiating.
Rosacea sufferers’ receptors are much more reactive to these stimuli. 4-t-butylcyclohexanol inhibits the effect of these nerve stimulated peptides thereby calming and soothing Rosacea symptoms before they show.
The second new ingredient is Polyglutamic Acid, this is a long chain of repeating units of glutamic acid, and creates a physical smooth, elastic, self moisturising and soft film for:
- Improved sensory perception and protection of the outer layer of the skin.
- Reinforcement of the skin’s support structure.
- Stimulation in the production of skin lipids improving skin sensitivity (less sensitive).
- Stimulation in the renewal of the epidermis (improves sensitivity).
- Raising the tolerance threshold to Rosacea triggers especially external ones.
- Raises TTT (Trigger Tolerance Thresholds).
This improves skin tolerance to external triggers such as wind and UV but also improves hydration and skin texture by improving the lipid structure of the skin making sensory nerves ‘less exposed’.
The third ingredient is MSM (Methyl Sulphonyl Methane):
- A naturally occurring sulphur containing molecule with significant anti-inflammatory and desensitising activity.
- MSM has significant anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and acts in a number of other beneficial ways which are still being researched.
- MSM reduces the activity of inflammatory cytokines such as interleukin 1 alpha and also reduces the activity of tumour necrosis factor and vasoendothelial growth factor (VEGF).
- There is significant evidence to demonstrate the activity of MSM on influencing a number of pathways known to be involved in the development and progression of Rosacea.
- These successful results were obtained with a 5% MSM concentration in the creams.
The fourth ingredient is the key active ingredient from milk thistle – Silymarin and works in synergy with the MSM in the following ways, which all work to reduce and prevent Rosacea.
The synergistic effect of SILYMARIN and MSM:
- Photoprotection of skin cells
- Reduction in the activity of chemical, creating too many new blood vessels and protection of existing blood vessels
- Reduction in a skin chemical causing inflammation (PGE2)
- Inhibition of the release of two inflammatory skin chemicals (IL-1 and TNF)
- Reduction in the development of hypersensitivity and inflammatory processes caused by white blood cells (monocytes)
- Inhibition of development of UV induced free radicals, which would cause inflammation and damage to skin structures
- Antioxidant activity to further reduce free radical levels
- De-sensitising effect.
Rosacea sufferers who were members of a national Rosacea support group and hence long-standing sufferers, who had tried everything were recruited to evaluate Synchrorose for 10 weeks.
- Good to Excellent Effect was greater than 50% reduction in redness and 57% of the study group achieved this.
- Reasonable Effect was 30 to 50% reduction in redness and 15% of the study group achieved this.
These two groups together equated to 72% of a difficult to treat group achieving a good outcome.
This was further verified when we asked for Buying Intentions and found that 75% expressed a desire to buy Synchrorose® after 10 weeks.
Synchrorose® is made using isolated and purified pharmaceutical ingredients, which can visibly reduce permanent and intermittent redness in just 10 to 14 days, (on average 2 to 6 weeks). Continued improvement is seen with continued use.
Synchrorose® unique formula also helps with excessive flushing and blushing. This revolutionary new clinical strength Rosacea treatment contains patented ingredients to suppress Rosacea symptoms and also underlying causes.
Below are a number of before and after photographs from people using Synchrorose®.
The above symptoms do not seem so severe until you look at the special image taken below which shows the redness in the skin more clearly and the changes Synchrorose® delivered.
Rosacea is a common skin condition that people need no longer suffer from. Whilst it is not life-threatening, the disorder is debilitating as sufferers have to make changes to their lifestyle, for example, by avoiding going out in sunny weather, avoiding alcohol or by steering clear of strenuous exercise, all of which can cause flare-ups. Synchrorose® is revolutionary as it uses a new combination of active ingredients that help to visibly reduce redness and provide relief at a rate that has not been available before.