EnerPeel® Mandelic Acid in combination with Derma FNS
EnerPeel® MA and micro-needling combined is a very popular treatment. The treatment is two separate treatments being done one after the other; the EnerPeel® MA first, followed by the needling.
The Mandelic peel targets fine lines, wrinkles and lack lustre skin, and is effective at tightening while also stimulating dermal fibre development. The peel also reduces the stratum corneum, removing dead skin cells, and speeds up exfoliation of melanin-dense keratinocytes (sun damage).
The needling targets deeper lines and remodels deeper into the reticular (lower) dermis. Needling does not exfoliate the skin, but targets a more direct dermal stimulation by activating enzymes which break down old, bound type-1 collagen with poor elastic properties.
The two together enable you to target both the visual and deep structural issues, for visually smoother but also for structural tighter, firmer, smoother skin. This is a physical and chemical combination that synergises, and is more preferable to the individual treatments on their own.
What is an EnerPeel® MA and what is it for?
40% Mandelic Acid; (20% active Mandelic acid and 20% as Mandelate which releases Mandelic acid once in the skin), plus 5% MSM for rosacea and telangiectasia. It can also be used for pigmentation and anti-ageing, especially in higher PIH risk (acceptable risk) and for use as a Summer peel.
The MSM also suppresses erythema and reduces epidermal erythema levels caused by needling. As we are stimulating dermal remodelling directly, we do not need epidermal trauma (which is the old way of indirectly stimulating dermal remodelling).
To find out more about EnerPeel® MA, click here
What is a Derma FNS®?
The Derma FNS® is an electronically powered automated needling machine that delivers 120 insertions of nine tiny needles per second with over 80,000 insertions a minute. These multiple needles vertically pierce the skin rather than roll into the skin, as seen with a dermal roller. The dermal roller causes a v-shaped hole as the needles roll into the skin and then out again causing trauma. The rollers create holes twice as large as the Derma FNS, which are elongated further due to rolling mechanism.
We deliver more holes per square centimetre with intact skin in between and no scratching or catching for maximum results with minimum downtime. Our pen’s motorised mechanism pulls the needles out of the skin as well as pushing them in; all other pens motors on the market, as far as we know, push the needles into the skin but rely on a spring to retract them. These springs cannot keep up with a motor that pushes needles in 120 times a second, so they are not clear of the skin before they are reinserted, causing dragging in the skin.
To find out more about the Derma FNS, click here
Using the EnerPeel MA® with the Derma FNS®
- Firstly, numb the skin.
- When the whole face is numb, remove the numbing cream.
- Then use an EnerPeel® Prep wipe, to prepare the skin for the treatment, as this removes an extremely high percentage of skin bacteria reducing the chance of complications happening.
- Apply EnerPeel® MA as per EnerPeel® MA training video. Click here to see the video
- After a maximum of 10 minutes neutralise with EnerPeel® NU wipe – NB you must neutralise all Mandelic acid before proceeding to needling phase.
- Clean the skin using two cotton pads dampened with water (you can use water to wash the face after all EnerPeel® treatments).
- The EnerPeel® treatment is then complete.
- Always use an EnerPeel® Prep wipe if available as this removes an extremely high percentage of skin bacteria and ensures any surface remnants of the peel or anaesthetic cream are removed and the skin is not sticky to the touch.
- Begin the Derma FNS treatment as per the Derma FNS training video. Click here to see the video